2015年5月4日 星期一

#4 About Steve Job's speech

When we were in first year in college, our English teacher has introduced us this speech on class. However, a year passed and when I hear  the speech again this year. Something about my thoughts changed. I started to consider the meaning behind the stories he shared. First was about connecting the dots. Last summer, somehow I suddenly wanted to learn Norwegian but when I told everyone about that, I got much opinions like" Are you crazy? ". It seemed that no one thought it's useful but how could you assure? Like Jobs said, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. Now I learn a little Norwegian a day on Internet just for interest. Second was about love and loss. On this point, I think I'm as lucky as Steve Jobs because I also find what I love to do early in life. When in high school, I studied applied English. All I thought was how to improve my English and later I realized that English today is used as a tool. So I choose to major in International Business in college. The last but not least is about death. I was deeply touched by the quote" Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. " I used to concern how people thought who I am, that is, living someone's life. Yet, as I grown up, the more books I read, the braver I became. Now all I concern is how to achieve my dream step by step.

沒有留言:

張貼留言